4 Tips for Shopping for Jade Bangles Bracelet Online
4 Tips for Shopping for Jade Bangles Bracelet Online
4 Tips For Shopping for Jade Bangles Bracelet Online
- Is it a Genuine Jade Bangle? Beware of imitation stones or glass or plastics.
- Is it Genuine JADEITE or Nephrite Jade?
- If it's nephrite jade, Where did it come from? Nephrite jade comes from lots of place such as Canada, China, Afghanistan, Pakistan... But the best nephrite jade is Chinese HeTian Nephrite GREEN Jade and WHITE JADE, You need to know normally that real nephrite jade is cheaper than real jadeite. Depend on quality such as clarity, color, flaws, inclusions, or dirty spots. Like the Canadian nephrite jade, the green jade has more black spots inside. Chinese HeTian Green jade, the green color is usually even and beautiful. Pakistan, the green jade looks more watery inside and has better texture, but generally has more cracks. Nephrite jade is normally cheaper than Burmese Jadeite, But Chinese "Mutton Fat " white jade is very valuable for collectibles, as much as Imperial JADEITE.
- If it's a Jadeite Bangle, which grade is it? Our Blog talked about Grade A or B or C jadeite. Nephrite jade doesn't use Grade A, B, or C. And generally, jadeite only comes from Burma (Myanmar). If it's Grade B or C jadeite jade bangle or Fake, they are not valuable at all. And fake jade is usually treated with powerful acids that are bad for our earth and our bodies. If it's Grade-A jadeite jade bangle, the value is dependent on quality as texture, color, transparency, flaw, craftsmanship...
What Is Genuine Jade?
When it comes to Genuine Jade, you still need to know if it's Jadeite or Nephrite. The two jades can look a bit similar in appearance. But there are many other materials that look like Jade too, and traders around the world are calling them Jade because it brings the value up of their product. These are generally considered "Fake Jade" by many. As a buyer looking for genuine jade, many things can be confusing and you end up being frustrated while trying to get a good deal while making sure the piece is genuine and battling a pushy salesperson. Don't be overwhelmed, once you read through this blog, you will know what to look for and how to get a good deal. In this guide, we will cover the more valuable and sought after Jadeite Jade. We will discuss its value, color, translucency, texture, color, artificial treatments, origin, and everything else you will need to know to choose the right bangle. Genuine jadeite jade, the ones that are from the earth, undyed, not fake, is called Grade A.
What's Grade A B or C?
* Grade A: Natural form, untreated. undyed jadeite jade;
* Grade B: Chemically treated and resin infused, Treated jadeite jade,
* Grade C: Treated and Dyed coloring Jadeite jade, ( C jadeite jade is almost * * Grade B+ C dyed Color )
* Fake: Imitation, glasses or plastic...
|A||None / Waxing||Natural untreated Jade|
|B||Bleached, then impregnated with a polymer to enhance translucency and color||Low value, Losses durability, and not stable|
|C||Dyed to improve color||Low value, Color change or fade over time|
|B + C||Translucency and color enhanced||Low value, as above|
|Fake||Composite material, imitation...||Jadeite combined with other material such as plastics or glass|
Colors of Jadeite Jade
Genuine natural real jadeite can come in many colors: green, lavender, red, orange, yellow, brown, grey, black, and white. The most sought after the color of Jadeite is called the Imperial Green which is an Emerald like vivid green color. It's closely followed by Lavender Jade which has a purplish-blue hue. Icy Jade is coming into the trend with its near-transparent white color, which is some of the most expensive pieces being sold out on the market today!
Like many other gemstones, the transparency of Jadeite Jade is a factor in determining the quality. Myanmar Jadeite Jade can range from near-transparent to opaque. Opaque Jade bangles are considered lesser in value because they are plentiful. The value of a jade bangle can increase dramatically even with the slightest improvement translucency. Translucency & texture are very important for jadeite value.
How to tell the Value
If it's Grade-A jadeite jade bangle, the value is dependent on quality such as texture, color, transparency, flaw, craftsmanship...Imperfections or flaws as some may put it is one of the key considerations in determining the value of a jade bangle bracelet. Many shopping for a jade bangle online may overlook this important factor to opt for a cheaper option. A single critical flaw or multiple flaws can have a significant impact (up to 90% reduction) on the pricing depending on the severity of the flaw. For example, 2 bangles that look entirely similar in color, texture, and translucency. One is priced at $55 and the other, $550. One is flawless and the other has a critical flaw that might affect the structural integrity of the bangle. This also means a light impact on the bangle may cause it to break into pieces. There are many examples evident through our collection; similar-looking bangles carved out of the same stone but varying greatly in prices. Every single bangle available through us has gone through rigorous inspections to check for flaws in determining its value.
How Jade Bangles are Made
Jade Bangles are made by craving from large natural boulders which are then sliced into manageable slabs. Holes are drilled out of these slabs to create a rough jade bangle. From the rough, skilled men shaped them into various styles just with the use of the hands. They are finally polished in a traditional manner just like from ancient times. The skills needed to accurately determine where the slabs should be cut, how the slabs can be cut to turn our best quality bangles come with a lot of experience around the stones.
Myanmar Jadeite Jade Bangles comes in many different styles. Traditionally, Jade bangles were worn with a Round or Oval style. Over time, the trend is progressing towards Half moon and Flat styles. Partly due to the decreasing amount of good translucent material. A thinner, flatter style allows more light to pass through making the bangle appear more translucent also more comfortable. Nevertheless, round styles are still popular and are a matter of personal preference.
Jadeite Jade Bangles are non-flexible, made out of solid mineral. Sizes refer to the internal diameter as shown below in millimeters. The usual sizes are from 54mm - 66mm. Follow this blog on how to determine your bangle size. to determine the correct fitment.
How to Care
Caring for a Natural Jade Bangle requires very little. The material itself is very tough and will resist chips and breaks. Regular cleaning is recommended to maintain your bangle's original luster (shine).
## Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, youtube for more information.